This list of 17 zero calorie foods is perfect for you if you are on a low calories diet and wanna lose weight badly.
If you’re trying to lose weight fast by cutting off calories and by eating more low-calorie foods Try to jiggle in some food items in your diet plan.
There are plenty of zero calories foods out there which
- are low in calories
- will definitely satisfy your taste buds
Eating these low-calorie foods will provide you with plenty of nutrients for a minimal amount of calories.
So what are zero-calorie foods?
Zero-calorie foods are essentially not “zero-calorie”. It just means that,
It contains a low amount of calories and our body burns more calories while digesting the food than the calorie content of the food itself. So
- Ultimately you will end up burning more calories than you are consuming while keeping your diet tasty and satisfying.
- They will also keep you full so it’s like a win-win situation on both sides.
So make sure you load up your diet with more of these zero calorie foods to your diet.
The zero-calorie foods for weight loss mentioned here are:
- Rich in nutrients like vitamins, antioxidants, calcium, magnesium, potassium, etc
- Under 100 calories per cup serving…so essentially is a low-calorie food
How to Lose Weight using these zero-calorie foods?
These zero-calorie foods are generally loaded with water and fiber. Hence consuming them sometime before having a meal can help in preventing overeating.
In fact, Researches are showing that if you eat these zero calorie foods regularly and couple it with a proper and healthy calorie deficient diet then it will act as a serious boost in your weight loss results!
So here is the list of 17 zero fat foods that will help in fast-tracking your weight loss efforts:
This one is my favorite zero-calorie food!
In the Summer season, this is probably the best healthy snack option you can enjoy if you are trying to lose weight.
- The best thing about watermelons is that you feel like you are consuming a lot of food at a time but it is mainly void calories as watermelon is made of water.
Watermelons are also filled with antioxidants and are low in calories. You can eat it as an afternoon snack or for a dessert after dinner or simply for an evening snack.
They are low in calories and are stuffed with vitamins and minerals.Moreover, they help in enhancing the taste of any dish.
- Onions are rich in vitamin c that further helps in improving tissue damage repair and in boosting the immune system.
Its vitamin B content helps in optimizing nerve function and in increasing the production of red blood cells.
- Lastly, it is a great source of potassium that is a vital mineral needed by our bodies.
Onions are loaded with antioxidants and is good for heart health. So consider adding more onions to your diet if you are not doing so currently.
Carrots are mainly composed of water and carbohydrate.
- It also has lower amounts of soluble fiber and protein content
Carrots keep the blood cholesterol level under check and hence it plays a vital role in weight loss as it will help in feeling full just via the consumption of a few calories only.
It also helps in improving vision as it contains vitamin A.
It is loaded with vitamins and minerals and contains extremely low calories. It is rich in:
- Vitamin c
- vitamin B
- Vitamin K
It is full of fibers as well hence will keep you full for longer periods of time.
Probably the best way to eat cauliflower is by roasting it in the oven.
You can then add some seasoning as per your taste. Or you can cook it with potatoes, peas, and other vegetables to make a curry which you can easily consume with rice or slices of bread.
Beet is a versatile vegetable that can be used in preparations for various dishes.
They are extremely delicious and are packed with essential vitamins.
They are filled with folate, magnesium and helps in fighting inflammation. All in all, it helps in boosting the immune system.
It keeps the blood pressure under check and improves the digestive as well as brain health.
They are full of water and fiber. Hence it is an ideal zero calories food item to include in your diet.
You must have heard the phrase:
An apple a day keeps the doctor away!
the nutrition content of an apple clearly justifies this statement.
It is jam-packed with important minerals, vitamins, and antioxidants which will boost your immune system by many folds.
- It is filled with fiber hence will totally stop you from having hunger cravings. You can have them as a snack option at mid-afternoon or maybe in the evening.
Broccoli is a great source for good carbohydrates and is full of fiber. The good carbs are beneficial for your body and promote weight loss. The bad ones sabotage your weight loss efforts.
If you wanna know more about good carbs and bad carbs consider reading this
If you are someone who dislikes eating veggies(which is never a good thing) and just wanna include a single veggie in your diet…then include this one!
It is regarded as a superfood because of the following benefits:
- Promotes Proper Digestion and helps people suffering from constipation
- Maintain low blood pressure
- Filled with fiber so will stop you from overeating and will keep you full
- Lowers inflammation and detoxify the whole body
- Packed with antioxidants hence help in protecting the body from cancer
- Has anti-aging properties as protects the body from harmful effects of the free radicals
- Improves the heart health along with the bone health of the body
So whatever your diet may be, you should consider including Broccoli in your diet.
It is filled with a variety of nutrients and the best thing is you can always pair it with any other food dish.
- You can eat it raw or grill it or eat them in steamed form. You can make salad preparation with them or add them to your stake or can just add them with almost every other food option…
It is particularly rich in vitamin K and vitamin A. It also contains a large amount of potassium and folate.
- They are extremely suitable as a breakfast item or for a mid-afternoon snack craving
- They are loaded with antioxidants and vitamins
- Grapefruits are watery fruits and hence will keep you full
You can slice and add them with your yogurt at the breakfast or can make a proper salad out of them or can even mix the juice into other dishes.
Cucumbers also are filled with lots and lots of empty calories and are rich in:
- vitamin B
They help in fulfilling hunger and promote digestion. they also help in reducing stress.
The best thing is you can eat them as salads or you can make yourself a cucumber juice as an afternoon appetite server!
Oranges are yummy as well as extremely nutritious for the body. Also, it has extremely low calories. It’s like a super win-win situation…
It’s also great for the heart and is loaded with vitamin c, vitamin B and vitamin A. It will serve your weight loss efforts as well.
Celery has been long regarded as a popular weight loss friendly food item. This is the reason for that.
However, the problem with this food item is that it cannot be eaten alone. It is almost tasteless!
So you need to add it with something to enjoy consuming it.
- People generally prefer to add cheese or cream with it but the right way is to add in soups or other side dish preparations.
It is extremely filling and will keep you full for longer perios=ds of time at the expense of low-calorie consumption.
You can’t go wrong with this one… They carry almost no calories…
- You can easily sprinkle them over any dish you have or can simply enjoy a drink made entirely of lemons…It is loaded with vitamin C and is beneficial for proper digestion…
It plays an extremely important part of weight loss, if you use it the right way, you can obtain miraculous results with it. Learn how I depended on Lemons in my own journey of losing 24 kilos without hitting the gym.
14. Sugar Snap Peas
They have almost no sugar content and is stuffed with lots and lots of minerals and vitamins.
- You can have them added to your curry or side dishes or can even add them to rice directly. In
- many traditional dishes, it is known to be added to enhance the taste and appearance. You can even grill them and eat them as snacks if you feel…
After broccoli, it is probably the most important superfood in this list of zero-calorie food.
- It is loaded with a huge amount of various types of vitamins and antioxidants
- Hence it helps in fulfilling your hunger for longer periods of time and will also provide you with a tremendous amount of nutrients beneficial for your body
It will help in keeping your cholesterol levels under control hence will help in keeping your health in proper shape. It has also many anti-aging benefits and helps in strengthening the body’s immune system.
You can eat it in smoothie form if you don’t like its taste or you can try to eat them by making Kale chips!
Tomatoes are loaded with lycopene that is an important nutrient that keeps the heart-healthy.
It also helps in protecting the body from cancer.
It is loaded with vitamin C and many antioxidants. You can literally eat them anyhow you like…from adding them to various dishes to making sauces or to eat them raw.
Heres how fennel seed will help you to lose weight:
- It is rich in fiber hence will suppress you from suffer cravings
- It helps in promoting the toxin removal process of the body
- Fennel seeds will trigger your metabolism and make it way faster than before
- It is rich in many forms of minerals like phosphorus, manganese, zinc, selenium, etc which are of utter importance
You can consume them as fennel tea or you can simply add them to any dishes you prefer. It will help in enhancing the taste. It will help in improving the digestion and will improve your health all round.
Papaya is an extremely delicious food item that has multiple benefits.
- It helps in improving the bowel movement and in promoting digestion.
Papaya is loaded with fiber and has papain that helps in protein digestion.
It is a low-calorie food hence can serve as a quick snack at any part of the day.
So that was my list of 17 zero calorie foods which can trigger your weight loss efforts in no time!
- Skip the Gym & Instead Do This 15-Minute Workout
- 7 Exercises To lose Thigh fat and Obtain Sexy Thighs fast!
If you liked this article consider leaving a comment below to let us know about which of these foods will you include in your diet?