This post will give you a detailed roadmap on how to get rid of thigh fat.
We will straightway cover the following points:
- The Top 3 thigh fat loss exercises(Bonus workout added) you need to strengthen and tone up your legs in a short period
- The exact steps you need to follow to perform a perfect form of the exercises
- The kind of precautions you need to take while doing these fat loss exercises
- The Variety of related doubts you can have regarding these exercises(FAQS)
All these basic leg exercises will help in training three important muscles of your legs :
- Glutes ( Your Bum)
How to get rid of Thigh Fat fast Using Thigh Fat Loss Exercises:
Thigh Fat Loss Exercise 1:
It is some times called the “Mother of all exercises”.
They help in the rapid burning of an enormous amount of calories. Squats in a short span of few weeks will make your lower back look firm and tone up your legs making them strong.
It’s an all-round exercise that is going to involve all of the above-mentioned leg muscles.
How to get rid of Thigh fat with Squats:
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart
- You can either keep your hands behind your head or can stretch them forward, parallel to the ground
- Then slowly go down and get as far down as you can without disrupting the posture
- Now slowly come back to the starting position by pushing the ground via the heels
- That’s one rep. Do about 15 to 20 reps in each set and do about 2 to 4 sets as per your comfort level.
- Ideally, keep a gap not more than 30 seconds between each set.
- You can increase your sets as per your need or if you are on an advanced level you can use weights too.
Precautions for a Perfect Squat:
- Keep your heels glued to the ground and never lift them especially during rising upwards from the ground…If you are not cautious about this then This can damage your knees in the long term. Keep your attention on your heels!
- Keep your thighs parallel to the ground when moving downwards and go as much downwards as you can.
- Keep your lower back a bit arched…make your bums stick out a bit.
- While working out, Visualize that your leg muscles are getting worked and toned. This will help you to be more pumped up and focused throughout the workout.
If you are doing it right then you will feel a bit of pressure in your quadriceps. If you are not feeling it that much then chances are high that you are pushing via your toes and not through your heels.
- If you have any issues with back pain or knee pain then you can opt to do the Bulgarian Split Squats. It won’t strain upon your back or knees and will help in enhancing your mobility and flexibility. Its a great replacement for the normal squats.
Thigh Fat Loss Exercise 2:
Here also your quad, glutes, and hamstrings will get worked.
How to get rid of Thigh fat using Lunges:
- Put your hands on both sides of your waists and hold the waist on each side in a relaxed form.
- Stand shoulder-width apart
- Take a step forward and Now slowly move your body with that step, downwards
- Then use the power of your both legs to get back to the starting position
- Do it once with the right leg and then with the left leg…That’s one rep
- Do about 10 to 15 reps in each set and do about a total of 2 to 4 sets every day
Precautions For Doing Lunges:
- Upper body needs to be straight
- The angle of your front leg should be 90 degrees with the ground.
- Go as low as far as possible
- Don’t overdo it…If you feel like you can’t start with 15 reps in each set then lower it down to your need. Slowly enhance your game
Do a bit of small stretching to prevent your legs feeling too much rigid& to free them up a bit. Drink a little bit of water if you feel a bit exhausted right now…
Thigh Fat Loss Exercise 3:
Single Leg hip extension
- Lie down comfortably
- Get your knees bent
- Now slowly get your hips up
- Now while keeping your hips up to get your right leg extended from the bend position in such a way that the entire weight of your lower body remains upon the left leg
- Be in this position for a few seconds and then again come back to the starting position of lying down normally
- That’s one rep. Do this for time for right leg and times for right leg. That’s one set. Do a Total of 2 to 4 sets
Precautions For Doing Single Leg hip extension:
- Keep your one leg properly fixated on the ground
- If you have trouble at the beginning to find balance then you can use the wall or a chair as support while keeping your leg afloat in the air
Thigh Fat Loss Exercise 4:
Stiff Leg Deadlifting
You can use weights or basic dumbbells for this exercise to see maximum results. In case you don’t arrange dumbells at home, you can fill up bags with books or water-filled bottles and then use that as a substitute for the extra weight. About 3 to 5 kg of weight is sufficient at the start.
You can do this with more weights however it’s important to get a grasp on the correct exercise form first than focusing on the weight.
How to get rid of Thigh fat by doing Stiff Leg Deadlifting:
- Keep your feet at shoulder width
- Now stand in a commendable stiff posture. Just keep your lower body slightly stiff, arched and tight.
- Hold the bag or the dumbells in a proper manner
- Now slowly bend your upper body holding the weight as far down as you can without bending the knee
- Keep your legs as well as your hands completely straight. Also, keep your back straight while doing this, go as far down as you can while keeping your back straight without attaining the bent posture
P.S. If you have any lower back issues then consult with your physician before doing this.
Diet Tips For losing Thigh Fat:
Simply keeping a watch over what you eat can contribute enormously towards losing weight at a fast pace.
- Avoid sugary drinks, energy drinks as these are filled with hundreds of calories and can nullify your whole day”s workout session. Replace these with water and homemade fruit juices.
- Drink Green Tea about 2 to 3 times a day. I in my journey of losing 53 pounds, always preferred to drink Lipton Green Tea and it yielded some magnificent results over time.
- Always eat less than you need to feel full.
- Try swapping the bad carbs with the good carbs. You can read about in my post
Here is also a list of bad carbs that you should switch with the good carbs if you want to lose weight fast in an effective manner.
- Try stuffing your diet with food items rich in protein like lean meat, soy products, beans, eggs, etc.
- Go for unprocessed, fresh high protein meats items including pork, beef, lamb, chicken, etc.
- G for unprocessed high protein fishes like Tuna, Salmon, trout.
- Add more leafy vegetables in your diet and break down your meals into many parts. Instead of having 3 meals a day, have 5 to 6 meals a day divided into smaller portions.
Loved these tips?
Then consider sharing this article by pinning it on Pinterest. (Also Follow me on Pinterest)
- Comment below to let me know if you have any queries…I will be happy to help in any way…
is a fitness enthusiast Blogger who helps the Weight Loss aspirants and motivates them to follow a healthier lifestyle by guiding them to develop the confidence and habits they need to make to have a positive impact on their life. Subscribe to the newsletter and follow him on Pinterest to never miss a new update regarding any of his new posts.