Wanna Lose weight but don’t wanna give up on snacking?
Well, then you are in the right place…Losing weight is a systematic process that does not have to suck…
However, what you choose to snack within between your meals play a big role in the success of your weight loss efforts.
The ideal weight loss friendly snacks should:
- Boost your body metabolism
- Boost your fat-burning ability
- Enhance your energy levels making sure you reach your daily nutritional goals
- Be fully devoid of unwanted calories and preservatives
So let’s dive into the list of healthy snacks for weight loss…
7. Dark Chocolate
Chocolate can seem like a surprise addition to the list of weight loss-friendly foods. However, Dark Chocolate is filled with antioxidants and fibers which will
- Keep you full for long periods of time
- Satisfy your taste buds
- Boosting your immunity
- Enhancing the overall functioning of the body
P.S. Just make sure that the chocolate is rich in at least 72 % of cocoa and does not contain any unnecessary additives.
This variety of chocolate is free of unwanted sugar content and hence will benefit your body and boost your weight loss goals.
6. Greek Yogurt Oat-Berry Parfait
Ah, this is one of the finest healthy snacks for weight loss you can look for.
- Greek yogurt has twice as much protein and half the sugar content of a regular yogurt
- It will keep you fuller for longer periods of times especially when combines with oats and berries( You can sprinkle in some oats and fresh berries to make it more yummy and healthy)
- Hence it will prevent hunger pangs and prevent binge eating of unhealthy food items
It will be great if you can consume ½ cup of non-fat Greek yogurt every day. You can go ahead and mix 4 tablespoons of blueberries, 2 tablespoons of toasted oats to enhance the taste and make it more interesting.
- Blueberries, strawberries, etc are fiber-rich food items and a cup of them will be around 50 calories.
- They are stuffed with antioxidants and recent researches also shows that they help in fat burning by stimulating an enzyme called adiponectin.
5. Dried Figs
Figs belong to the dessert category within the list of healthy snacks for weight loss.
After having a meal when the candy craving strikes in you can always go for this category of dried fruits.
- Figs help in stimulating weight loss and studies have shown that it is especially great for cutting off the belly fat.
You should aim to eat at least 3 dry figs a day to boost the process of weight loss.
They are rich in fiber and have a little amount of fat in them.
This natural sweet candy can serve the taste buds of the peeps with a sweet tooth. And it is healthy as well. It’s like a win-win situation for both purposes.
4. Apple & Peanut Butter
Apples are super rich in fibers and besides provide a satisfactory crunch full of sweetness.
Having fruit is great for a snack for weight loss however combining it with some tasty protein & healthy fat source is a great idea.
This combo of peanut butter and apples will serve as a superbly satisfying snack option that can do wonders in periods of sudden hunger pangs.
Also, it will leave you feeling full without any guilt in your mind.
P.S. You can also use skimmed milk along with a large apple instead of peanut butter…Totally your wish!
This is totally healthy and one of my favorite snacking options below 200 calories!
3. A homemade mix of Nuts and Seeds:
Keep a bowl full of 1 tablespoon of almonds, pistachio nuts, sunflower seeds, walnuts, and raisins.
This Homemade mix is a handy snack to have especially while reading a magazine or watching a TV show…
It’s about 200 calories and is rich in nutrients.
- It contains about 7 grams of protein and 6 grams of fiber.
This catagory of healthy snacks can be used to suppress sudden cravings for food.
2. Hard-Boiled Egg With Asparagus
Adding eggs to the diet is one of the most effective weights to reduce the entry of unnecessary calories in the body.
It is one of the most dependable food items belonging to the category of healthy snacks for weight loss.
On one hand, Eggs are extremely tasty, I think we all will agree on that and on the other hand, it’s loaded with protein and nutrients like:
- Antioxidants that support healthy eyesight
- Vitamin D, which maintains the bone health and all over the immune function of the body
- Choline, which boosts the body metabolism leading to faster burning of calories within the body
Normally a hard-boiled egg contains about 80 calories. Hence you can go ahead and consume two hard-boiled eggs with a cup of boiled or raw vegetables. It will be totaling around 274 calories give or take.
You can also consider combining the eggs with asparagus which itself is loaded with Vitamin B6, E, and folate.
- Mixing them together will provide you with just the perfect snack you need to keep your calorie intake in check and also to keep your muscle mass of the body intact.
Grabbing 15 spears of cooked asparagus with a hard-boiled egg will be about 130 calories and will be stuffed with roughly 10 grams of protein and 5 grams of fiber.
P.S. Avoid using oils to prepare the eggs and just go with the boiled form as the oils itself will add a lot of calories to the snack and will do more harm than good.
1. Half-Avocado Filled With Cottage Cheese
Avocadoes are a delight!
They are both yummy and jam-packed with nutrients.
However, they are rich in calories and you need to be wary of the serving you have.
About half of an avocado contains:
- Vitamin K
- Vitamin C
- Vitamin E
- All these ultimately builts up about 160 calories!
They are rich in fiber and other nutrients like copper, magnesium and healthy fats.
The healthy fats found in avocado are similar to the ones found in olive oil and are good for the heart and for keeping bad cholesterol levels in blood in check.
So if you are feeling hungry then just
- Take half an avocado without the pit
- Top it with about 2 ounces of low-fat cottage cheese.
This whole prep will be about 200 calories.
They are stuffed with
- Plant-based Proteins hence people avoiding animal proteins can consume this without any worry
- Saponins that helps in protecting the body from Cancer
- Magnesium, Potassium which is good for the heart
- Vitamin B
They can be consumed in various preparations and a mix of chickpeas and salad served with a little bit of lemon juice, salt and garlic taste delicious.
You can also prepare roasted chickpeas which make them an ideal filler for tacos or homemade burgers.
They are extremely cheap and can be consumed in a wide range of recipes.
- They will keep you stuffed for longer periods of time and are rich in protein hence is a great addition to the diet especially if you re looking to lose weight.
All these food items are effective healthy snacks that can be used for weight loss.
Leave a comment below to let us know about your favorite snacking option from the list.
Share the article if you liked reading it!
is a fitness enthusiast Blogger who helps the Weight Loss aspirants and motivates them to follow a healthier lifestyle by guiding them to develop the confidence and habits they need to make to have a positive impact on their life. Subscribe to the newsletter and follow him on Pinterest to never miss a new update regarding any of his new posts.