The Top 7 Essential Oils For Weight Loss at a Glance:
To be frank even a few years back I had no idea that essential oils can impart such an amazing effect on our immune system and in our body metabolism regulation.
It was my aunt who gifted me a first aid essential oil starter kit for Christmas and from that moment onwards I got intrigued by the benefits of the essential oils and got thrilled regarding the various kinds of usage these oils have on improving our life.
It was shortly after this that I found myself into using essential oils for everyday life and researching more and more regarding the various kinds of essential oils available in the market which are suited to yield various benefits.
Benefits of Essential Oils:
- Helps in making the hardships of going through the Pregnancy a bit easier
- Is highly suitable to get relief if you catch a Cold
- Highly suitable to deal with Headaches
- Helps in releasing tension in the Muscle
- Helps in the enhancement of the Sleep quality
- Solves issues of Snoring and helps in clearing blocked noses
- Supports the process of Weight loss
So What are essential Oils anyway?
They have been in usage for thousands of years over the course of many civilizations all around the world and they are obtained mainly from the barks, leaves, roots, and flowers of a vast range of plants and trees.
Those secretions are rich in particular good features of the plant and hence can help in serving many kinds of our needs.
The best way to lose weight is to follow a well charted out diet plan and to have a basic workout training plan crafted out for yourself. Essential oils are not something which will magically make you lose weight overnight. Essential oils can act as a support to boost you to reach your goals and support you in your weight loss journey.
Now let’s dive into the types of essential oils you can use to effectively boost your chances of burning calories in your weight loss journey:
7. Grapefruit Oil
Grapefruit is undoubtedly a dependable fruit that can be consumed for weight loss. So the grapefruit oil is a rich source for triggering the process of losing weight.
- It helps in activating the AMP-activated protein kinase (AMPK) which helps in stimulating the body to use sugar in the blood rapidly and prevents or reduces the accumulation of fat n the body that ultimately results in weight loss
So, Grapefruit Oil helps in activating AMPK and Increased amount of AMPK is EQUAl to Fat burning at a rapid pace.
Benefits of Grapefruit oil:
- Removes excess water from your body
- It is good to suppress your appetite, detox your body and remove the excess water
- Helps in triggering the fat burning process by activating the AMPK
How to use Grapefruit Oil for weight loss:
Apply it directly:
- Add 1 or 2 drops on your wrist and smell it throughout the day.
- Add 1 to 2 drops in a cup of water and drink it in the morning. This will help in giving your body metabolism a boost in the early morning and help in flushing out the wastes out of the body
- Inhaling the grapefruit oil deeply will make you relax. You can use a proper Essential Oil Diffuser for this purpose.
A study showed that cinnamon has got incredible
- Free radical scavenging properties
Many other types of research have shown that cinnamon oil plays an important role in the regulation of blood glucose levels and that of the glucose tolerance factor within the body.
Unregulated blood sugar levels in the blood can often lead to a reduction in the energy levels and can generate unwanted sugar cravings and can lead to overeating and to weight gain.
Mixing cinnamon oil in the food dishes can be an optimistic option to slow down the release of glucose in the blood which can help you in your weight loss journey to a wide extent.
Benefits of Cinnamon oil:
- Balances blood sugar level
- Prevent sudden food cravings
- Prevent storing of extra fat by the body
- Stops you from overeating
How to use cinnamon oil for weight loss:
- The Food and Drug Administrations have stated that it is safe to consume cinnamon oil internally but it needs to be made sure that the oil is 100% pure and free from toxins & additives. One should aim to buy a therapeutic grade one and must always read the labels properly
- Add about 1 to 2 drops in a cup of warm water and add honey. Have this drink before having a big meal or in the evening to deal with your cravings
- Try to take deep breaths from the cinnamon oil bottle whenever you feel like you are having a hunger pang and need to snack on something
- Add a few drops gently in your diffuser and you will be good to go
I recommend This Cinnamon Essential Oil on Amazon. Check it out now.
It is well known that ginger oil has great anti-inflammatory properties and reduced inflammation can help in better digestion of the nutrients and in the proper functioning of the body.
Benefits of Ginger oil:
- Ginger possesses gingerols which help in decreasing inflammation in intestine which hence helps in the improvement of the overall absorption process of the important nutrients
- It triggers the weight loss process by helping your body to absorb the needed minerals and vitamins which are needed for the proper functioning of thee cells and fills you up with energy.
How to use ginger essential oil for weight loss:
- Inhale the essence of ginger oil directly by opening the bottle to reduce cravings.
- Use it for taking a warm bath by mixing it with almond oil or coconut oil. You can directly apply it to your body after diluting it with other blends of oils as per need
Check Out this ginger oil in Amazon which is on sale now:
Lemon oil helps in suppressing appetite and helps in stress management which is one of the most common reasons behind weight gain.
Benefits of Lemon Oil:
- Having lemon juice with lukewarm water in the morning helps in clearing your bowels and in boosting your weight loss process
- It has a refreshing taste and helps in enhancing the oxygen flow in the blood
- It has a mild aroma and it is good to balance your hormones and increase the oxygen in the blood flows
- It helps in detoxification and imparts a positive effect on the digestive system
How to use Lemon Oil for weight loss:
- Add 1 to 2 drops of the lemon oil in a cup of water and have it the very first thing in the morning
- You can inhale it inhale directly or try adding a few drops on a cotton ball and then inhale it slowly.
You should check out this Lemon Essential Oil in Amazon as it’s on a low price right now.
3. Peppermint Oil
Peppermint oil is one of the most impactful and ancient essential oil that has been used for centuries.
It has got great antibacterial, antidepressant, and anti-inflammatory effects.
This essential oil is a common oil which is found in the medicine cabinet of many people.
Benefits of Peppermint Oil
- Soothes nausea and indigestion
- Helps in getting rid of tension in the muscles
- Clears congestion and is great for minor headaches
- Helps in generating a feeling of fullness that can do wonders to tackle overeating
- Helps in making you more alert and in energizing the whole body up so it is always useful to apply the oil on wrists and smell it in times of need while working out
- It is popularly known as vital ways of treatment for indigestion and bloating
How to use peppermint essential oil for weight loss:
1. Inhale directly:
- You can smell it directly or can put a few drops on a cotton ball and then smell it This will help in suppressing your appetite and will help you to remain full.
- Add 3 to 4 drops of oil in the diffuser and the mint flavored smell will instantly tone up your mood and help in enhancing the ambiance of the room. The scent is well known to energize you for working out and for dealing with overeating or hunger cravings
3.Use for Baths:
In order to relieve stress after a long day at work, you can easily combine peppermint oil with lavender essential oil and add them together to a warm bath in order to get rid of the stiffness and let the oil get absorbed through the skin.
Always buy 100% pure Therapeutic Grade Peppermint Essential Oil for suitable results. Check this one out in Amazon:
It is no secret that stress leads to weight loss.
It is scary as to how it is one of the most neglected ways by which people put on weight.
However, stress is something that can be regulated a lot not fully but to a wide extent through some basic stress-relieving meditation and yoga along with using some other measures.
As per a study conducted in 2015 just inhaling Bergamot oil for 15 minutes can help a person to not only boost their mood and give relief from anxiety but can also reduce cortisol secretion(a stress hormone), which is known to negatively affect fat loss.
Benefits of Bergamot Oil:
- Bergamot oil is found to consist of polyphenols which are one of the essential components that make green tea so much weight loss friendly and in boosting the overall health conditions. It can help the body to metabolize fat and sugar at a faster pace and the sweet smell of the oil can easily help you to relax in just a few minutes after spending a troublesome day at work or even at home
- It will help you to relax instantly
- Help you to deal with stress so, in turn, will help you from gaining weight
- Will help you to counter the hunger cravings
- Contains large concentrations of limonene (which are also found in grapefruit oil and lemon oil) which can help in dissolving fat
How to use Bergamot essential oil for weight loss:
1. Inhale it:
- Inhale the oil directly from a bottle directly or pour a bit of oil in a cotton ball and inhale as per need.
2. Add it to your shower:
- Use the oil to shower. Try to inhale deeply in order to feel fully refreshed and to get the maximum health benefits.
We recommend you to Check Out this 100% Pure Bergamot Essential Oil on Amazon.
The fennel oil is extracted from fennel seeds which is a great way of boosting the digestion system and in properly regulating the sleep cycles.
Fennel seeds are known to contain melatonin which plays an important role in triggering the sleep cycles and as per the study conducted in 2011, melatonin helps the body in dealing with fat.
Fennel seeds are known to be in usage for hundreds of years for their multiple benefits.
Benefits of Fennel Oil:
- It helps in improving your all over digestion process
- Having better sleep will help in boosting your energy rates and in keeping your mind and mood steady.
- It hence helps in aiding weight loss and in optimum functioning of the body.
- Having better control over your moods will prevent you from suffering binge eatings
How to use fennel essential oil for weight loss:
- You can always add a few drops of fennel oil on your wrists in order to deal with sudden mood swings or cravings.
2. Use a Diffuser:
- Pour a few drops of Fennel oil onto a diffuser, and let the refreshing smell let you get free from all the stress and tension
Check Out This Fennel Essential Oil on Amazon.
Always remember to not apply undiluted essential oil directly to the skin without diluting them with almond, coconut or any other oil.
If you liked this article then go ahead and share it!
Check Out :
- 7 Exercises To Obtain Sexy Thighs & to say Bye to Thigh fats Forever!
Don’t forget to comment below and let us know which one out of these you are going to buy and Pin the image below to let others know about how they can use these essential oils for losing weight.
is a fitness enthusiast Blogger who helps the Weight Loss aspirants and motivates them to follow a healthier lifestyle by guiding them to develop the confidence and habits they need to make to have a positive impact on their life. Subscribe to the newsletter and follow him on Pinterest to never miss a new update regarding any of his new posts.