Have you ever gone to sleep at night thinking how great would it be if your belly fat magically somehow disappears tomorrow morning?
All of us after gaining some weight have had the thought of finding ways to trim the excess fat out of our body and to again fit into our favorite dresses…
Trust me guys, I know that feeling…I have been there.
But with some basic fitness education and some simple tweaks in my lifestyle, I managed to lose about 23 Kilos without too much hassle.
Read this article to know more about that journey of mine where I provide you with the exact blueprint of my fat shredding adventure.
In this post, I am going to show you 30 of the productive and fruitful ways to lose belly fat in a week without exercise or without joining any agonizing training program at all.
So Let”s Begin:
1. Eat Complex and Good carbohydrates:
There are two kinds of carbohydrates in general that need to keep in mind while picking food for your diet. These include the Good Carbohydrates and the Bad Carbohydrates.
The good ones are the ones that will not only help you to remain healthy and in losing a considerable amount of weight. They also have the following benefits:
- They will keep you full for longer periods of time
- Will prevent you from overeating
- Will help in improving your bowel movement
- Providing your body with valuable sources of minerals.
On the other side, the bad carbohydrate includes food items that are no doubt stunningly yummy but they are deliciously bad for yourself. These food items have the following disadvantages:
- Contains sugar and other preservatives that are not good for the body
- Cause swings in blood sugar values
- Get digested easily so leads to overeating
- Not that much healthy for the body
So always avoid the bad carbs and stick with the good carb sources.
2. Find a fitness-positive support network:
This is a point that often people tend to overlook but trust me from my own experience of weight loss journey I have realized that this step is probably one of the most important ones of all.
The main problem most of the weight loss aspirants suffer from is to lose focus too easily and not to have enough motivation to drive them towards their goal.
All these are because of the lack of not having the right support system there with you.
Do the following things and you will no doubt get immensely benefitted throughout your journey of losing weight:
- Join weight loss groups in the facebook that are highly active and have a sufficient number of members.
- Flood your timeline both on Facebook and Instagram with pages related to weight loss and healthy living so that you never run out of motivation
- Start to find any seriously minded buddy in real life from your relative circle or friends circle who have the same kind of aspirations as you have and then try to work together supporting each other to reach your goals.
- Join forums in various places of the internet. Just do a simple search on google about “weight loss forums” and join the forums that appeal to you
3. Drink way more water:
Drinking the right amount of water will keep you hydrated and enhance the normal functioning of your body.
By this way, you will easily wash away the excess toxins out of your body without any extra effort.
- You need to consume at least 3 liters of water every single day o see positive changes in your body.
A human being can go on for a number of days without food but can’t go on for just a few days without water.
That shows the tremendous importance it holds in the optimum functioning of our body.
Drinking water for losing weight has the following benefits:
- Drinking water 10 minutes before a meal can help you to feel more full and as a result, you will only consume the needed amount of food and easily get rid of the problem of eating too much.
- Drinking sufficient water fastens your metabolism and leads to burning of more fat at a faster pace
- It helps in solving out problems with mood swings and elevates the functioning of the brain
Try to drink more water in the following situations:
- After eating dry and fatty food
- After eating salty food as you will need to be getting rid of the excess salt
- In highly stressed conditions our body metabolism goes up and the water intake needs to be also enhanced
How to drink water for weight loss:
- Eat 33 to 67 ounces of water first thing in the morning after waking up
- Take the help of apps in the mobile stores to use the apps to remind you to drink water at regular intervals
- Always carry your own water bottle to everywhere you go ….yup everywhere.
4. Eat less at a time of a day:
Try to split up your meals from three times a day to five-six times a day.
The old and popular rule of having meals for only three times a day is not scientific and not at all suited for your body especially if your goal is to get rid of some extra pounds.
According to a popular study by CNN weight is associated with when and not just what you eat every day.
I personally am a huge fan of this eating habit and generally have around 6 meals a day.
Nowadays because of our hectic lifestyle, we begin the day waking up at 6 Am in the morning and again go to sleep late at midnight.
And we also end up using a considerable amount of brainpower every day that burns our body fuel rapidly.
So the ancient system of having just three meals a day is not justifiable anymore.
Obviously, it varies with person to person but for many people having about 5 to 6 meals a day instead of just three big meals is working wonders.
- Just remember never ever overeat at any one particular meal
- Have many meals of smaller servings
- Eat after at least every three to four hours
- Instead of starving yourself for lunch or dinner eat 3 completely balanced meals and 2 to 3 snack breaks in between those three meals.
- Also, pack those snack breaks with a little bit of protein and fiber servings.
- Have vegetables in raw form like tomatoes, carrot, broccoli along with some fruits dipped in peanut butter or unsweetened low-fat yogurt.
- Always keep these food items for the snack period ready to keep your temptation of going for packets of chips in check.
5. Eat slowly and in quiet places:
Many studies have shown that eating at a faster pace can result in overeating and in improper digestion of food. It also showed that people eating slowly tend to suffer less from weight gain issues and suffers less from certain diseases like diabetes.
- So dedicate at least ten to fifteen minutes for each of your full meals and about 5 to 7 minutes for your snack breaks.
- Never eat food without properly sitting at one place preferably at the dining table.
- Eat at a quiet place away from the TV, computer or from listening to any kinds of songs as those can distract your mind.
6. Use Smaller plates:
This is a purely psychological hack which has been found to work tremendously all around the world.
This is a simple hack which will help you from shaking off the guilt of overeating and will always let you balance your food intake.
According to a recent study, there are many ways by which our minds trick us into eating more than it is desired.
So the simplest step of controlling your servings is to use a smaller sized plate that will not result in overeating. This optical illusion attained by the method of replacing having the meals from larger plates to smaller ones have shown to yield positive feedbacks again and again through many studies done all across the earth.
So always try to have meals in smaller plates.
7. Have Sleep of the desired level:
Shortage of sleep leads to weight gain and this a proven matter now.
- Think about the last time you had a bad night sleep…
Remember the way you woke up?
Feeling drowsy and exhausted…
Well, it”s not just you, your body fat cells also feel that way.
They suffer from “metabolic grogginess”.
Yup, a cup of coffee can do wonders to you in this situation but it won’t do the same to your body hormones.
- After getting deprived of properly sleeping for only a few days, the functioning of the insulin gets disrupted.
This further leads to the storing of fat in the body and causes other kinds of malfunctioning of certain organs.
So getting a good night’s sleep of about 7 to 9 hours is extremely needed and has more benefits than you can think of.
8. Find a new weight loss friendly hobby:
Try to find a new hobby that you will be able to stick to and it must involve somewhat body movement.
The examples are endless and are as follows:
- Lawn tennis
- Table tennis
It can be anything inside these options or outside them but the main goal is to find the ideal new hobby and to remain glued with it.
Finding the right hobby will surely help you to lose belly fat naturally without exercise.
9. Have sex regularly:
In 2013 a research was done by Prof. Antony D. Karelis along with colleagues at the Université du Québec à Montréal, Canada to determine exactly the number of calories we burn when we get ourselves upon one another.
- They were then asked to have sex at least once per week for a period of a month while wearing an activity tracker.
- This tracker further helped the researching team to monitor and calculate how much calories they spent on an average basis.
The sexual encounter that was tracked included a brief period of foreplay and intercourse.
Here is what the team found.
- Men on an average lose 101 calories and woman lose about 69 calories while having sex.
- This intensity of the burning of the calories is higher than walking but is slightly lower than jogging.
So obviously sex can be put down in the category of moderate intensity workout.
So having sex is no doubt the easiest and maybe the most addictive and happiest way of losing some extra calories every week.
If you want to lose belly fat in a week without exercise, you now know what to do I guess 😉
10. Never talk while eating:
Most of the times we consume our meals in a hurry and gulp down the food to get over with the meal. Other times we eat our meals while keeping our eyes glued to the television sets or to the PC monitors.
There are too many researches out there that suggest paying attention to our food not only helps us to feel it”s taste and stuff but also helps us to chew and in properly digest it better.
This kind of development of proper eating habits is important for squeezing out the maximum benefits out of our diet.
So it will be wise to try to keep all kinds of distractions away at least during having meals.
11. Leaky gut check:
An unhealthy gut can easily sabotage all your efforts of weight loss and is one of the main reasons why most people even after putting in the effort don’t see the results in the mirror.
Even people having no digestive issues are found to be suffering from an unhealthy gut.
Stubborn weight or excessive gain of unwanted fat in a short span of time are serious symptoms of leaky gut.
This is a serious issue that gets overlooked by many but is an important factor while trying to lose belly fat in a week.
Further Reading: How to heal the Leaky gut and lose weight fast
12. Sleep early:
I had a bad habit of going to sleep very late at the night and used to wake up late in the morning.
Well surely there are major faults of going to sleep late and chances are you may know that it is bad and I knew it too.
The thing that actually caused a problem in this habit of mine was that I often used to have a hunger pang in the middle of the night and this started to happen on a daily basis.
And obviously, those cravings were for the junk foods mostly and nothing healthy.
So not only did I consumed some unhealthy junk snacks at an improper time but also inserted some unwanted extra calories into my body.
So the practice of going to sleep early instead of staying up like a night owl is surely a healthy habit that can bring you some awesome results in the long run.
13. Always Keep Fruits in a Bowl in front of you:
I used to keep two such bowls, one in the dining room and one in my room.
Every time I felt for the need to of having a snack I used to grab and take on a bite on a pear or an apple.
You can have as many fruits and vegetables you want chances are high that it won’t do any bad to you but will support you in keeping you healthy.
14. Lemon with honey:
This magical drink did wonders for me.
At first, it used to taste a bit weird but with time I got the hang of it and craved for it right after waking up.
- Prepare a glass of warm water and add a teaspoon of unprocessed honey into it.
- Then squeeze a lemon fully into the water and stir it properly
I used to drink this mixture in an empty stomach but people having stomach issues can consume this after having some light breakfast.
This drink benefitted me immensely and it not only helped me in losing weight but also improved my bowel movement hugely.
Read this post on How I lost 53 pounds without hitting the gym to have more insight on these kinds of tips.
15. Spice up:
Sometimes following a strict diet does not become sufficient enough to make you see the results you are looking for.
- To get the better out of your diet plan you need to prepare those meals in the right way that will help you to enhance the metabolism of your body and in improving you’re all over digestion.
Many weight loss seekers have seen impressive results in their weight loss campaign just by introducing newer kinds of herbs and spices in their cooking.
And the superb part is all of these materials are easily available in the market.
This particular post on BEST SPICES FOR WEIGHT LOSS explores this topic to a deeper extent.
16. Witness the Magic with Apple cider vinegar:
The presence of the acetic acid within the apple cider vinegar has been found to work magically in burning the belly fat.
The reasons that make it a superb weight loss drink are:
- It is a high low calories drink and just a teaspoon of this liquid in a warm glass of water first day in the morning can fetch you awesome results in a short span of time.
- Many studies have shown that the acetic acid found in this drink helps in suppressing of the accumulation of the fat within the animal body.
- Also, it helps in keeping yourself a bit fuller for longer periods of time so this will easily help you to save yourself from your sudden snack cravings.
How to drink Apple cider Vinegar for weight loss:
- Never ever consume apple cider vinegar in the raw form, always drink it after diluting the solution in a cup of warm water to make sure you are not drinking a large pile of acid.
- Apple cider vinegar can be used as a salad dressing that will aid in sustainable weight loss.
- Normal usage of the apple cider vinegar is safe but excessive use may cause more harm than good as the drink is highly acidic in nature.
- P.S. It is always suggested that you should drink this solution after consulting this with your medical advisor or under the supervision of a doctor if you happen to suffer from any health issues. Always consult with a doctor or dietician before consuming it.
- To get the most out of this drink always pair this with a healthy diet and if possible with the proper training regime to lose weight.
17. Be stress-free:
Believe it or not, the most prominent reason behind all kinds of unwanted weight gain is excessive stress.
Many people have the habit of stress eating or try to make themselves comfortable by eating their heart out whenever they get pressurized.
Stress is eating is an emotional response and it leads to an enormous intake of calories.
Also when under heavy stress people always crave for food items that are tremendously improper for their body and are rich in sweet and fat.
- The excessive stress also leads in the oversecretion of the hormone cortisol that is involved in body fat storage enhancement.
- In short, it makes it hard for your body to lose weight and it starts to shows it”s effects at the belly region in the beginning.
Lastly, too much stress is also related to the disturbance in sleep.
- Shortage of sleep causes fatigue that again leads to the enhancement of the hormone Ghrelin.
- It is a hunger hormone that causes us to feel hungry even though our body is in good need of any food.
So it is important to properly manage stress as it can cause some serious damage to your body in the long run.
The good news is by handling the stress you have in your life in the right way you can see some miraculous changes in your life and those will help you to lose the needed amount of weight.
So read this article on Dealing with Stress – Ten Tips and follow the below tips to get rid of this problem.
Some actionable steps include :
- Trying meditation
- Learn the Breathing techniques to get rid of stress
- Maintaining daily dairy
- Talking and sharing the things that are bothering you with someone close regularly
18. Cook your own food:
It is always a better practice to cook your own food by your own self [unless you have your own chef].
By doing this you will be completely in charge of the use of the ingredients in their needed amounts without depending on anyone else.
So it is a better practice to pack your own homemade lunch while going out for work.
Even while hanging out at the restuarant[which you must not do if you are serious about losing weight]you can always ask the waiter to inform the chef about the certain requirements you have for your dish. Never feel shy to do this as this will help you only and no anyone else.
19. Go on lazy walks:
Always start to find ways where you can shed off some extra calories without giving any extra effort.
For example :
- You can always use the stairs in your office or home instead of the elevator.
- While going to someplace near ditch your bike or car and walk for a change.
All these may sound not that effective but trust me it is quite effective if you can blend these things in the needed way in your daily life.
All these, of course, won’t result in an enormous loss of calories but will lead to the loss of calories to some extent and will make you more active and healthy.
20. Increase the intake of minerals and vitamins:
The list of minerals and other vitamins that are mentioned below are highly beneficial for the normal functioning of the human body
Having the following items in the right amounts in your body will keep you in the right right track of losing weight.
- vitamin D
- Vitamin b12
- Omega 3 fatty acid
21. Increase Dairy food intake:
Calcium which is abundantly found in the dairy products is highly suitable for helping you in weight loss.
So a diet rich in dairy products will be beneficial for you as it will aid in proper digestion and in weight loss.
They not only help in losing weight but in keeping you healthy and protects you from many diseases like high blood pressure problems, cancer, and many others.
Dairy Food items to insert your weight loss diet:
- Unsweetened Yoghurt
- Cottage Cheese
- Fortified Milk
22. Cut sugar off:
This is probably one of the best things you can do to while trying to lose belly fat fast.
Our body sufficiently acquires the needed amount of sugar it needs from the everyday food items we consume.
Researches have shown that an average adult eats more sugar every day than the required amount.
So cutting off the artificial sugary items from your diet will help you :
- To prevent high blood pressure
- To prevent obesity and heart-related problems.
so try to put more focus on whole food items and cast the habit of eating outside away for your own benefit.
But it”s easier said than done right?
Read this article on Ways to Train Your Brain to Hate Junk Food deal with this sugary addiction.
Also while buying food items look over the label for the presence of artificial sugars.
Basically, they are found as the following terms in the food products:
- cane sugar
- corn syrup
- invert sugar
- beet sugar
- maple syrup
- apple or grape juice concentration
- panela or piloncillo
23. Eat fiber regularly:
Eating fiber-rich food will help you to strike two birds with one rock.
Foods rich in fiber will help you to enhance your health and also will keep you full for longer periods of time.
Benefits of eating food rich in fiber:
- Keeps you full so prevents from mindless eating
- Encourages the growth of beneficial bacteria in the gut that again helps the body immensely
- Helps you lose belly fat within a short period of time
- Smoothens the constipation problems
- Reduces risks of many diseases like diabetes
They are found in food items like
- Sweet potatoes
- Flax seeds
- Fresh vegetables
24. Avoid Trans fat:
It is no news to you that you need to give special attention towards your diet to omit the foods that are rich in materials that can lead to weight gain.
One of such materials is the trans fat that you need to avoid if you want to see positive results while trying to lose weight.
- These kinds of fat are found in many vegetable oils that further leads to an increase in the bad cholesterol level in your blood and in the reduction of the good cholesterol levels.
This further increases your chances of suffering from many obesity-related diseases like heart issues and diabetes.
To avoid letting trans fat get inside your body you need to have a cautious approach while choosing the right kinds of food and always make a habit of reading the labels first while buying for any packaged food item.
25.Replace cooking oil:
Well basically oils are rich in fats and, replacing the oil won’t magically make you lose weight.
But some of them are more precious for your body than the others and will keep you healthy.
- Olive oil is the most suitable cooking oil that you can use to enjoy a healthier life and to support your weight loss campaign.
Also, other kinds of oil like the canola oil and peanut oil the sunflower oil of pure variety are also highly popular and dependable to be used for cooking.
26. Avoid drinking alcohol:
Drinking alcohol leads to intake of unwanted calories inside your body and do more harm than any good. A mug of beer has more calories than a slice of pizza and often it becomes troublesome to keep a proper track of calorie intake while consumption of alcohol.
The main point you need to remember while trying to lose weight is that you need to burn more calories than you are consuming every day on a daily basis.
Cutting on alcohol will not only help you to get into better shape but also in saving you from having that annoying hangover the next morning.
27. Make Green tea your buddy:
Depending on the consumption of green tea for losing weight without any exercise is a very smart move.
I myself saw unbelievable results by drinking green tea every day. This comprehensive guide on green tea shows the exact blueprint I followed and how I used Green tea for losing weight in a significant manner.
- They are rich in ingredients like polyphenols and caffeine and play a huge role in reducing belly fat. They are also rich in antioxidants and helps in boosting the metabolism immensely.
You can have three to four cups of green tea every single day and in just a few weeks you will start to see the changes.
28. Go with Intermittent Fasting:
Chances are high that you must have heard about Intermittent fasting on Pinterest or on other places of the internet as it is in the rage right now.
Trying fasting to lose weight may sound scary but is highly effective not only to lose weight but for living a healthier life.
Multiple studies over the years have shown this fact to be true and many individuals in real life have immensely benefitted from trying this.
The art of fasting has been practiced for centuries through almost all cultures around the world.
Before getting started with fasting I had a lot of queries in my mind including:
Does Fasting put our life into danger?
Does Intermittent fasting even make us gain more fat?
Does Fasting slow down our metabolism?
Luckily I found out that the answers for all these questions were negative and when I saw the tremendous benefits the practice of fasting holds, I started to do intermittent fasting right from the very next day.
The results were simply amazing and if the process of fasting is used in the right way coupled with maintaining a healthy lifestyle and suitable diet then in no time you can reach your desired weight goal.
Read further: The Ultimate Guide of Intermittent Fasting
[P.S. People with certain health issues can consult with their doctors or dieticians before using this fasting process]
29. Increase protein uptake:
Proteins are the types of food that you need to embrace yourselves with especially if you are in the process of losing weight. While losing weight it is important to take special care of the muscle gain of your body to properly keep it intact and to keep your body in greater shape.
So add the following food items from the list in your diet or you can add other food items by your own will that are high in protein, it will work just the same.
List of Food rich in Protein helping in weight loss:
- Black Beans
- Chinese cabbage
- Chicken Breast
- Brussel sprouts
30. Choose plates of the not same color:
Again this is a psychological hack that can yield you supreme results.
Often times it is seen that people tend to overeat when they consume food that has the same resemblance in color with the plate.
The reason is when the color of your food item blends in with the color of the plate, then the amount of food won’t appear to be as large.
As a result of which you will end up scooping more food onto your plate which will result in overeating.
There are many studies that have shown that red plates lead to less consumption of food and are suitable for weight loss.
But the main goal is to stop yourself from eating excessively and to not let any excess calories get inside of your body.
All the above steps mentioned above have been tested through various studies and have seen to provide people with positive results and helped them to lose belly fat without exercise in a short span of time.
I used many of these above methods and have seen miraculous results myself.
The smart action plan will be to tweak and modify the current diet plan you have and to introduce some healthier touches into it.
If you liked reading this post then feel free to leave a comment below to let me know about your thoughts on this post and also shoot any queries you have on losing weight, along with that.